02 mai 2008

Google Trends

Google trends is a plugin that adds a Trends Widget to your blog. It can be placed anywere as long as it's function is inserted in to the template source.

The used function is getTrends($nr,$before,$after,$islink);

Where:

  • The $nr is for how many trends do you whant to show up in your bar . Eq: 10

  • The $enclose parameter is for the tag that encloses every trend. Eq: li Ex:

  • Eminem

  • The $islink is the switch for the links. You can find the link target in the source code.

  • The $PostLink is the switch for post searching. If it's set on true it makes the plugin search in the database for tags and words that match the trend title.


We updated to 1.2 to link directly to the Google Trends website instead of google.com.

2.0 Relesed!! - Se what's new in 2.0 , here


The new php function for 2.0.1:
if(function_exists("getTrends")){ getTrends(10,'li',true,true); }

This plugin is really old,  so i am ending the support for it. There will be no more updates for wp-googletrend ! I'm sorry.


If you like this, you will love WP-LatestPost

19 comentarii:

  1. Very good plugin.

    It would be the best plugin ever if you could make it to search on the articles database for those keywords/phrases and link to the articles directly.

    This would be the SEO guys' heavy tool.

    Keep up the good work ;)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Thanks Da Master. :) Well i will see what i can do :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Ok, i update the plugin.. take a look :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. Hmm... I did a fast testing and it didn't seem to work for me! :S

    Thanks for the update.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. k, i tested on 3 blogs now and it works fine.

    Da Master, add me on messy and i will help you out. My id is in the about section.

    Remember to change to the new function, the old one doesn't work anymore :D

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Just added you on my contacts list.

    I did another test with it but it's not working with the articles linking yet. It links back to Google Trends but not to the articles.

    Where is it looking for the keyword/phrase?
    a) Title
    b) Tags, Categories, Pages
    c) The whole article
    d) All of the above?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. It looks at content and tags. I diden't get your request.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  8. It's definitely a perfect plugin, but I didn't get it to work with the latest features. :S

    Did you get it to work somewhere baron?

    @Alex I have you in my contacts list but I haven't seen you online yet. Hope to see you soon. Thanks.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  9. Its kinda strange, but can you gimmie the latest function again... You can look at my site Shabd . The Gtrends does work, but does NOT links to the article directories itself..

    It wud really be a million dollar plugin if it cud show a "dynamic box" which shows the contents of the article directory's article as a part of webmaster's site...

    It would then really mean a lot in increasing the traffic obtained through google...

    Think about it Alex...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  10. This is exactly what i was looking for.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  11. Hi,

    GREAT plugin.. but I am unable to get it to work..

    I installed the plugin and added the code to the side bar.. but it wouldnt work!

    Where did I go wrong..

    plz help..

    -Abbas

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  12. Hi Alex,

    Please let me know where I can see a demo of this plugin and your help for getting this plugging up and running on my site will be greatly appreciated.

    -Abbas

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  13. I installed and active your plugin but your given code is not working properly. Please guide me how to add code in sidebar?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  14. replace line 31 with
    $string = strip_tags($xml['feed']['_c']['entry'][0]['_c']['content']['_v'], '');

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  15. @Jcxnet I am no longer updating this plugin. But you can do the modification on your one install.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  16. I did the change and actually works fine :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  17. I just installed this plugin. it seem that this plugin dont work anymore.. :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere